Washington, D.C. — Latino Victory Fund congratulated Jason Esteves, candidate for State Senate, 6th District, for winning the Democratic nomination in the Georgia primary.
“Jason carved a path for Latinos running for office in Georgia when he became the first Latino elected to a school board in the state and through his long-time efforts to strengthen the state’s Latino political power,” said Nathalie Rayes, Latino Victory Fund president and CEO. “He’s a leading force in Georgia who has worked to grow representation for the more than one million Latinos living in the state and ensure their priority issues are front and center in their government, including improving public education, expanding health care access, and protecting voting rights. Latino Victory congratulates Jason for this step forward to winning another historic race and will work to help Jason make history in November.”
Along with Georgia’s Latino leaders, grassroots organizers, and Democratic candidates, Latino Victory recognized the potential of the state’s growing Latino population and its ability to help sway elections, including the 2020 presidential and Senate special elections. In 2018, Latino Victory Fund launched the ¡Vamos, Georgia! Bus Tour to mobilize Latino voters for Stacy Abrams and other down-ballot Democratic candidates.
To help harness the Latino community’s electoral votes in 2020, Latino Victory held another ¡Vamos, Georgia! Bus Tour to mobilize Latino voters in support of now Senators Rev. Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff. The tour included events held in Latino-heavy neighborhoods and featured high-profile Latino celebrities and advocates like Latino Victory co-founder Eva Longoria Bastón, America Ferrara and Kate Del Castillo.
More on Jason Esteves
- Esteves is an at-large representative and the outgoing board chair of the Atlanta Public Schools Board of Education (APS).
- In 2013, he became the first Latino elected to a school board in Georgia. He has since worked to promote equity and improve the financial outlook of the school system. In November 2021, Jason was re-elected to a third term on the Board with 62% of the vote.
- Esteves is also a vice president at Equifax Inc., where he handles regulatory matters, risk mitigation, and sensitive disputes and investigations for the company. He was a litigation associate at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP (now Dentons US LLP), which he joined after graduating from Emory University School of Law.
- He serves as treasurer of the Democratic Party of Georgia and is on the boards of several local non-profit organizations, including GALEO and the Trust for Public Land. He is an alumnus of LEAD Atlanta (2012), Leadership Georgia (2015), and Outstanding Atlanta (2020) and is in the Leadership Atlanta Class of 2022.
- Click HERE to learn more about Esteves.